Meet the team:
Specifier Services Manager
Derek joined Johns Manville in May 2013.
Derek has a bachelor of science degree in architectural engineering from the University of Colorado in Boulder, Colorado, and has been working in the construction industry since 2008. Derek holds national memberships in CSI and RCI and is pursuing his professional engineering license.
Midwest Specifier Services Representative
Dwight joined Johns Manville in April 2015.
Dwight has had a successful career as project manager and specification consultant for architectural firms since 1997. He completed his NCARB requirements in 2004. He holds an MBA from the University of Colorado and is a national member of CSI and RCI.
Southeast Specifier Services Representative
Carly joined Johns Manville in July 2017.
Carly has a bachelor of science degree in civil and environmental engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. She has worked in the construction industry since 2015, previously having worked for a general contractor. Carly holds national memberships in CSI and RCI and is a LEED Green Associate.
W: (303) 978-5316
M: (720) 697-4060
Northeast Specifier Services Representative
Joel joined Johns Manville in June 2017.
Joel has a MS in mechanical engineering from Arizona State University and brings with him extensive experience with energy efficiency for commercial buildings. He is a national member of AEE, ASHRAE, CSI and RCI.
W: (303) 978-2126
M: (720) 668-7386
Southwest Specifier Services Representative
Lauren joined Johns Manville in 2013.
Lauren has a bachelor of arts degree from Sam Houston State University. She is currently pursuing her MBA: focusing on project management and operations from Southern New Hampshire University. She has worked in the construction industry since 2011. Lauren is a national member of CSI and RCI.
Pacific Specifier Services Representative
Brandon joined Johns Manville in March 2018
Brandon holds a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Colorado University. He has worked in the design/construction industry since 2011, where he operated a Façade Access Consultant. Brandon currently holds national memberships in CSI and RCI.
WHO WE ARE
To provide individualized assistance and information to your design, engineering and architectural teams in order to ensure that you use the optimal JM roofing system and products that meet the specific needs of the project and installation conditions.
We are here to provide informational support for any member of your design team. We can serve as a consultative resource at any stage of the process, providing answers for your product-related questions.
Roofing System Selection and Design
- Describer the criteria that plays a role in defining the proper roofing systems for client and site requirements.
- Recognize the right questions of clients to design the right roofing solution for their client and site requirements.
- Locate the correct resources, calculations and codes in order to design the proper roofing systems for client and site requirements.
- Communicate the reasons why certain systems are selected for certain reasons to clients.
Roof Insulation and Cover Board
- Gain a better understanding of both high-density and low-density roofing insulation.
- Review thermal resistance design along with dew point calculation.
- Complete a comparative analysis of all primary low-slope roofing insulations and coverboards.
- Describe tapered insulation and system design.
SINGLE PLY SYSTEMS
- Explain the different material types, properties and characteristics of TPO, PVC and EPDM roofing membranes.
- Describe the different system applications and performance characteristics.
- Identify the flashing designs for the different roof assemblies available.
- Explore how to match system and installation methods when considering which system would best fit your design criteria.